Thursday, January 29, 2009

I do drawings

I know that I have posted some of my work up here before but as I said in a previous post I want to start displaying some old stuff. When it comes to art I have been seriously neglectful over the past year so I am hoping this will challenge me to get off of my ass and start doing more work. If anyone has any comments, ideas or criticisms (Its my fault I chose the friends I did) feel free share.



This is a really old drawing circa 2001 maybe. It is a 15-20 minute piece done as an exercise that I thought came out alright. Its two overlapping poses. For those of you that have seen my stuff before you know that I separate tones into planes and this is obviously no exception.



This one is was most likely done the same day, or at least in the same class. What really sucks about these sketches is that they are dudes. With their clothes on. No, but seriously you learn next to nothing about drawing the human form when your models have clothes on. I didn't get to do that until a couple years later. And the one model on the left is actual a women. Nude drawings a few posts later.

No comments: