Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day Three

I was just finishing dinner with Nicole and she was smiling, and I asked what she was so amused about and she replied: "Today I was at the beach, in a forest, on a mountain, on a cliff, paid 9.25 to drive the 17 mile drive (worth every penny), stood on pebble beach, on a farm, on the hillsides, on a sand dune, overlooked the bay, saw sea lions, and otters, and penguins, we are staying in a cabin in the redwoods, watching the sunset over the Pacific Ocean while drinking CA fine wine and munching on cheese made fresh in Big Sur sitting at a cliffside eatery with Mountains on one side and the Sun setting on the other."

So I thought that it would make an appropriate update.

Bad News, my back went out from all the driving and marching up and down hills and mountains. So good news is we are going to stay in this rad little cabin an extra night so I can maybe recover some.

Bought a six pack of beer and a deck of cards, once the sun goes down there is nothing to do here except stare at the stars and drink.

Tomorrow we are going to explore this area and find ourselves a waterfall.

bone - ulee

P.S. I forgot to add this picture I made from today. This was taken just outside of Monterey on Highway One in the Strawberry fields.

nicolepost copy

1 comment:

face said...

bahhh! Glad u guys r having a good time! Tell cole i we ate with rosa tonight at the kitchen and u guys are comic to eat withbus when u guys get back. Bahhh!