Thursday, September 11, 2008

Old Future Sounds


Please be sure to give some attention to my JPG site if you have not had the chance to sign up and vote for my submissions for the next issue of JPG. It really does only take a minute, and ensures you my love for life. Not that this is conditional or anything...I just never forgive. You can follow this link and vote away.FOLLOW THIS LINK

Also.
More cool things being put on display... Devin Moore has posted some news:

"Dear Web-log,
Today I wait patiently for the first mix on the first song from a new set of recordings I did over the last 3 months. In near complete isolation from humanity in the purgatorial setting of Tampa, Florida I stitched together a group of songs using a Mac, a cheap mic, an even cheaper pre-amp, some sort of outdated Yamaha guitar amp simulator, and a cd of curious drum samples I found in my roommate's closet. Since no one was around to tell me that this might be a foolish waste of time, I finished it. Now when I say there wasn't anyone around I guess thats not entirely true. I was frequently visited by my old friends; regret, despair, hopelessness, ugliness, social anxiety, self loathing, depression, abandonment, obsession, loneliness, and Jeff Lataille. Also during this time period a psychologist and a general practitioner declared me to be both morbidly single and terminally un-dateable, which I thought was a little unfair, and only added insult to already suffered injury. Anyway. . . the "record," if such things exist, will be called "Slit Your Wristbands" the first song I will post will be Take the Knife to Bed and despite the unfavorable recording conditions it turned out fantastic.
Please stand by.

Yours, devin"


Also. In much more grim music news... a reminder that Josh is committing career suicide to the career of adored persona Cracker Jackson on Seppy 17th. Here is what he has to say about that:
"Last. Show. Ever.

You know how it's really hard to let something go that means a lot to you but the need to let it go is so great that you would rather bear the burden of it's loss than maintain it's unhealthy yet familiar perpetuation?

Well this isn't really one of those times. I am just kinda over being the dancing clown.

My last show as Cracker Jackson is next Wednesday, the 17th. I have been kinda kicking around the idea of the "last show" for a while now, and I am sure you have all noticed that I have not played a show in quite some time. All five of you. Well Ryan had a great idea and asked me if I wanted to play with Tu Shi Ma Mi Re and I was all like "sure."

The stuff legends are made of.

I will say this: It's going to be a fun show. I promise. I really hope that all my friends come out and help me put this spazzy project to rest once and for all. I know I sound very self-effacing about it, but I really did love it at one point.

See, I was trying to do something different. That doesn't always work. I think my attempt at hiding intelligent and clever concepts and content inside humorous and flamboyant songs just translated as "Omg it's funny when you talk about pussies and Jedi." Not that all my songs were intelligent in concept (Front Bottom being the biggest offender) but I like to think that there was some stuff in there for everyone. I like to "think."

So in the end it all just felt too jokey. I considered just soldiering on and writing more serious material, but I hate the name "Cracker Jackson" anyway. I mean really? REALLY? I used to smoke a lot of pot, man.

Come out to the Social next Wednesday and hang out with me and watch some great bands. Laugh and tease me. Watch me hump a monitor like a retard. Whatever. For what it's worth, it will be the last chance you ever get to realize you really won't miss it at all. :P

Plus I am fucking ill."


LastShow


And last bit of awesome shit happening of course is another edition of Pop Off!!! See you all there. Don't forget to do your part and spread the word about this night. But not too much, you don't want a bunch of little brats showing up and ruining it for all of you.

No comments: